Saturday, August 29, 2009

Two Down . . .

Second goodbye:
NAME: Kristen Swenson
ASPIRATION: To suffer to the whims of her current boyfriend, Louis McCoy, as he embarks on his techie/political dream job in D.C. With no real set goal or plan post-college, she is a feather floating along the jetstream of change. Fate will provide her with an out. She hopes to continue building her "fabric from garbage" dream, Interchangeable Parts, into a force to be reckoned with. This, of course, can be built at any location worldwide. She also plans on opening a coffee/fabric store sometime in the near future. Most likely using Interchangeable Parts within the framework of the dining/shopping experience. I'll be there for the Grand Opening.
BEST MEMORY: First and foremost, how we met. Taylor and I were dancing at the weekly First Avenue dance night Too Much Love. We were both single. While dancing (really wish I could remember the song that was playing), I felt a tug on my long hair. I thought I had run into somebody, but then the hair was being tugged again. I turned ever so slightly, but before I could turn all the way around, I heard a sultry voice that could only have come out of lips drenched in the reddest of lipstick, say, "I love your hair." I turned and saw a girl I recognized from previous Too Much Love weekends, always dancing near but never touching. She had red hair strewn to one side of her face. And she did in fact have extreme red lipstick coated on her lips. She wore a granny mid-length skirt with a glittery polka dot sweater, complete with a Cub Scout scarf wrapped around her neck. We began to dance . . .

We've had our fair share of ups and downs. We used to date. We also used to fight constantly. We also used each other as a basis for reality checkpoints. We've also had the most intense talks dealing with our innermost personal demons, even more intense than talks with my most intimate ex-girlfriends. She's a peer, but a teacher in a sort of way. I've seen her embark on her performance aspirations in burlesque, first as a fledging singer trying to find her voice and presence, to one of, if not THE best performer in the most popular burlesque troupe in the Twin Cities. I'm super proud of her. I don't think I've ever told her that, honestly.

I love you, Kristen.

P.S.: Along with "I love your hair", the following statement will probably forever be a good contender for my favorite line emitted from your mouth: "Your penis saved our relationship." To the rest of you: don't ask.

The White Stripes -- "Conquest"

No comments:

Post a Comment