Saturday, August 15, 2009

On the Prowl

Everyone knows the phenomenon where once you've experienced something, such as seeing a 1989 penny on the ground, you then find yourself finding more pennies manufactured in 1989 than any other year. I just experienced one of these strange recurrences today: yard sale prowlers.

Shannon used our front yard as the locale for her pre-move yard sale. You see mainly middle aged to older peeps showing up to these events. A fair amount of people came.

I was startled to find a number of yard sales going on down the street, with tons of people flocking them. I posted up signs for our own sale and people were calling me down "Yo man, where's your sale at?"

I saw for the first time the craze that is the Rummage Sale Shopping Spree. I realized every car was parked for the sole purpose of taking in one of these outlet mall shopping centers. It was crazy.

I just stood on the corner looking at this for a little while. It was like Jingle All the Way but for used IKEA furniture and knick-knacks.

Red Hot Chili Peppers -- "One Hot Minute"

No comments:

Post a Comment