Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Reflector

I payed $5 to enter into my personal Hall of Mirrors recently.

Traversing through a portal, I came to a vertical pool in front of me. Inside the pool, hundreds of waves permeated throughout the calm surface. Those waves were me, caused by any sort of movement on my part.

Even at rest, the Mirrors promised potential energy. This caused unrest within the portion of my brain lusting for balance. Yet, I did pay $5 after all. I couldn't just turn around and chicken out. I had to enter the pool.

I caught glimpses of the exit, yet I knew that if I embarked too heavily on finding that exit in tangible reality I was bound to faceplant my nose into a mirror panel. The guy who sold me the ticket gave me a bottle of Windex and a wash cloth, saying "I just finished washin' the joint and I'm pretty damn sure you'll make a mess of it once you go in there. So do me a favor, will ya please?"

This particular Hall of Mirrors boasts a surprise element: other figures join you within the maze, making it a quasi-haunted house in mirror form. I never knew if the blond damsel who entered my life only a month and a half before was actually standing right next to me or on the complete opposite side of the facility, a figment of so many "right" angles and sight line chances; the two forms sporting Lizard heads were almost ready to lick my face at any moment; the new inhabitants of my living quarters ready to actually take hold of my hand in first impression salutations.

I'm writing this entry from within the walls now. I still haven't found a way out. Slowly but surely, though. Although it is starting to really wear me down, this tangible/dream reality quandery.

The exit sign reads: PATCH. It's laughing at me.

Mazes -- "A Metric Tower"

No comments:

Post a Comment