Friday, August 21, 2009

Lizard People IV: The Final Showdown

LIZARD PEOPLE: Live Show #4

Eagle's Club -- St. Paul, MN
August 21, 2009

SETLIST:
1. Pomp and Consequences
2. The Know
3. St. Anthony
4. Cash On Hand
5. An Epilogue
6. Double D-Day
7. Ginger Grapevine
8. The Russell Trust
9. Cubesong

The most interesting venue we've played at. It's basically a step up from a VFW Post. Full of raffles, old fogies, hot dog shout outs, volunteer staff. The show was my worst, personally. My snare belt broke during "An Epilogue" and I basically just hugged the damn thing mournfully (and somewhat for comedic effect) for the last half of the song. Luckily, another band lended me their snare. I forgot to tell them about me hooking up a tin pan to their snare, but I don't think they minded. "The Russell Trust" went over really well. My CO2 cartridge stand kept fucking up, so I opted to throw the fucker over during a lull in drum playing. All in all it was a good way to end the Lizard People.

After the show, as we were taking down our instruments, the sound guy came up and told me how I reminded him of his dead brother. They apparently didn't get along when he was alive, but whenever they played music together they finally bonded as brothers do, in a fully positive way. His brother died when he was in his early twenties. So seeing me drum brought him back to that bonding place, and he thanked us all for giving him that opportunity. That made my night. I couldn't stop saying thank you for such a wonderful sentiment on our part. It made the entire band feel special.

Jet -- "Get What You Need"

No comments:

Post a Comment