Monday, August 24, 2009

Claritin Skies

I forget to take my pills at times.

Namely: Claritin.

Like clockwork (I saved the date from 2008 of when my seasonal allergies started up. August 17. That was the first day I felt heavy symptoms of allergies this year as well.) the sneezes have come back, the bloody noses, the itchy throats, the loss of vocal ability hath attacked my very will to live. And on those fateful days I forget to take my daily pill . . . I am the booger Hulk.

A coworker today remarked while on the playground, "Peter, you look crabby today."

First off, am I the only person in the world who actually doesn't mind being told they look a certain way? You could say I look like utter crap and I'd like it more than the standard question, "So, what are you up to nowadays?" I hate that question.

I said to the coworker, "No, well, okay, I'm not crabby, really. Well, I kind of am, it's mainly because of allergies."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I don't want to be here right now. I want to be in a bathtub or something."

"Oh."

"Yeah, so I'm not crabby. I'm just -- well, yeah, again I am now because of the allergies which make me look crabby."

"Uh-huh."

"So, yeah, I'm crabby."

"Okay."

"Yeah. God, saying all that just made me crabby, too."

"Uh-huh."

"I'm just going to walk over there."

"Okay."

A month of this shit. A full fucking month. No singing. No voice. Itchiness abound.

Slit wrists sound good right about now.

Cold War Kids -- "I've Seen Enough"

No comments:

Post a Comment