Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Interlude Between Two Chapters

We've come to an interesting crossroads in 2009.

The Citizens Banned/Lizard People/Brotherhood of Salsa/Patch Preparation chapter is finally coming to a close. Within the next week there will be an overhaul of residency within the house. Louie, Kristen, Marta, and Taylor will be moving out. Adri will move in a month.

I'm going to be left by my lonesome, left to build a studio in the back. Left to carry on the carnage left by my bretheren. The Monroe House will now be a scene of secret planning. While I imagine all of us roommates getting along, I also imagine that I will feel more like an individual, left to my own devices, than as a part of a greater gear of movement. I relied so much on the knowledge of Louie, Taylor, and Adri that I almost felt like a little brother, my big brothers taking care of me.

I'm on my own, now. The activity in the back room will be work done in private. It will be sinister. It will promise questioning. It will be focused.

I've always hoped that in the future people will stop in front of the house and say "That's where it all began."

T-minus three weeks . . .

Tom Waits -- "What's He Building in There?"

No comments:

Post a Comment