Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lesson #101,083

I almost had a frustration breakdown last night. Seriously, I hate recording. I hate recording when I have to have it up to a certain standard. If it's a measely demo made for the ears of band members only, that's a completely different story. It's basically doodling around.

But a demo made for the public? Don't come near me, I might bark at you for no reason.

"Typosgraphy" was abandoned last night. The program kept crashing. I thought "To hell with this!" Instead I wrote "Fair Trade", a summary of the I Source/Hue EP's. Taylor poked his head in after I had written the song in full (that's a rare event, writing a song upon the first sitting -- come to think of it, "Typosgraphy" was like that, too) and was recording tracks to make the overall soundscape, asking if I wanted to watch "Aliens". I told him "In a little bit" and explained the fiasco of the night. He said "Do you have any word documents open? Outlook Express or anything?" I looked at my task bar: 11 word documents were open plus Outlook Express. I told him the answer, he rolled his eyes and said "Oh my god! That's your problem!" I closed down those programs, re-opened "Typosgraphy" -- it worked beautifully.

There's always something. Another law of Karmath: most of life's lessons are learned the hard way.

Health -- "Crimewave"

No comments:

Post a Comment