Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dying Draught


The draught is over. I'm going back onstage sooner than I had planned.

Lizard People: Turf Club February 24th.

Being hyped up on caffeine while practicing the drums with Taylor has made for some of the more productive/creative times this year. I'll come up with a ton of different ideas for his songs. Certain sections, drum riffs, guitar riffs. He usually has to calm me down and say "No, this isn't epic rock. This is simple." Instead of feeling disappointed at having ideas turned down, I file them in the recycling pile for Patch. Shit, half of the songs for Patch came from failed ideas in Citizens Banned that no one liked. What does that say for Patch?

It's all garbage, I suppose. But consumable garbage, like dumpster diving at the Hostess plant.

Sleeping in the Aviary -- "Gas Mask Blues"

No comments:

Post a Comment