Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Coalescence

Last night a promising thing happened. Patch seemed to breathe for the first time in heads other than my own. I wanted to scope out a drummer for the live band, and I passively asked Louie, who I'm planning to be the bassist, and Greg, who I'm planning to be the keyboardist/rhythm guitarist, to join me in going to see this drummer play in another band at the Uptown Bar. Greg brought our good friend Carl and someone I've never met before, Allison, surprising me when he showed up at our front door with not only his presence but others'.

It was a strange yet inviting night. Other people were bringing up my dream. It's a big deal to me. Everyone had a fun time, lots of laughs and good spirits. The cherry on top was when Carl remarked "I'm not musicially inclined, but if you need me to do anything in this band I'd do it in a heartbeat. You've got something really interesting going on."

It was the first night I couldn't get to sleep this year due to happy excitement. It's comforting to feel that something you've toiled over for so long might actually catch on and work.

It's starting . . .

The Mars Volta -- "Viscera Eyes"

No comments:

Post a Comment