Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Filtered Pockets

My household and related closest friends want to take a number of somewhat pricey trips this year. Lately, I've tapped into my spending habits and found that if I saved $40 of each paycheck (roughly 10% of the entire two week pay period) I'd have $600 around September. Adding into the equation: probable equipment needed for both Patch and Lizard People live practices/shows. Probable touring for Patch in the coming years. Probable medical expenses . . .

I can't afford to take these awesome trips that my circle will be taking. I'll be left behind, no doubt camera-less. Upon their return, I'll have a plethora of footage on my mechanical eye that'll make me jealous to no end.

My current budget is to spend $100 between each paycheck. That includes gas, food, and fun. My meals are figured out for the next two weeks before each grocery run, where I attempt to keep it all under $50. I usually spend about $10-15 worth of gas in that timeframe. That leaves about $40 for fun, $20 each week.

It works, for now. I don't need a ton of food in me, I'm usually sitting all afternoon looking at a computer screen (which I hate doing). I don't have a girlfriend, so that saves on going to too many events and spending sprees (one summer, I went over my minutes talking to my ex so much that I didn't make any profit off of my summer job. I paid $1000 to my mom for the fine.).

I'd love to take the epic House Boat Trip this summer. We shall see what jobs, music, the winds of life bring over the coming months . . .

All India Radio -- "Mexicola"

No comments:

Post a Comment