Monday, February 23, 2009

Close Call

I was in the middle of a Patch session tonight. Figuring out ideas for the chorus in "In Hope", when my whole computer just "SHHEEEEEooooo" -- black. Nothing. Just a repeated blip of noise. Kristen heard it in the next room, "That's not good."

Freaking out, I got Louie to come down and fix it. My fan was covered in dust and is apparently dying. My computer overheated and automatically shut down to protect it from destroying itself.

After installing a fan Louie had lying around (it's awesome living with a tech nerd, especially one as savvy as him. He beats the shit out of any computer service squad in the country, I'm totally not kidding. It's one reason why the government campaigns want him for their tech departments), I found out nothing had been obliterated save for an effect that I had just been toiling with.

Goddamn . . . immediately I backed up all of my music files . . . too close.

Nine Inch Nails feat. Saul Williams -- "Gunshots by Computer"

No comments:

Post a Comment