Friday, June 5, 2009

We Could Be Winos Just For One Night

Today was seminal in the aspect that it was my last day teaching in the classroom that I've been in for the last year and a half. I'm now a day care staffer, due to the fact that my classroom gets closed down for the summer and is used instead for a School Age program, a summer camp sort of deal with 6-9 year olds. So, me and my coworker went to Burrito Loco and had ourselves a number of beers to celebrate our time together.

I was buzzed coming home. At this stage of buzziness, you forget that fateful poem:

Liquor before beer, you're in the clear
Beer before liquor, you've never been sicker

Every . . . fucking . . . time I forget this.

After I got home from Bro-Co, I changed and went to Ground Zero, the nearby goth club, to see Kristen's post-apocalyptic fashion show with the gang. Immediately I went for a Gin and Tonic, more beer, and a Tequila shot. Needless to say, I stumbled home shortly after, almost opting to sleep on a park bench instead of in my house which happened to only be a block away. I figured it would rain in the night, so I went home (I could have potentially been a wino for an evening).

I went straight to bed and missed what I hear was an awesome afterparty. I didn't even know people were over at the house, I was so passed out.

Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Forgot my Idiot Pills again!!

Apocalyptica -- "Pray!"

No comments:

Post a Comment