Sunday, June 7, 2009

Official Faces

Version 1.0 of www.patchband.com went live today. Image courtesy of Taylor Park with a little touchup by myself. He did really well interpreting my vision. Louis McCoy made the site functional (he works like a god).

Now, 1.1 will be the hard part . . . a fully immersive experience within "Schematics". It shall be built by Louie, Taylor, and myself. A monster. I've got the plans scribbled all over three different notebooks.

Seriously, I've been so lucky to have so many altruistic friends around me. Schuyler's mixing/mastering (what he's done so far is spectacular. I'm seriously holding out on showing anybody anything until we're all done in the fall for an ounce of anticipation to rear itself.), Greg's live playing (his enthusiasm is so welcomed, I'm constantly humming and hawing about what to have him do, and he's always happy to oblige or give input. Definitely a team player.), Taylor's graphic designing (he's also putting up with my constant revisions), and Louie's web work (again, revisions revisions revisions). The Schematics Team. Number 1's in the acknowledgements before God and Jesus.

All this stuff has been done for free, I might add. I suspect so far I've saved at least $50,000 alone by doing home recording, and another $10,000 on all of the post-production. Seriously, the world of making music has changed. I would've had a huge budget to deal with from some indie label ten years ago, and still the product wouldn't have been up to my standards.

I'll be paying everyone in the future, but for now they're all seriously my best friends. HOLY GOD, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thao Nguyen -- "Beat (Health, Life, Fire)"

No comments:

Post a Comment