Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ad Nauseum (Part 2)

Filming has wrapped.

After having a few drinks with Greg at the Spring Street, I got wind of the genre and elements needed to be included in the film by a phone call with Taylor in the parking lot. We traversed home slightly drunk and were debriefed on the happenings. We were to make a thriller dealing with a psycho who has a fetish for repetition. He tortures a man constantly, drugging him up so as to have man-made amnesia. This psycho then plays cat-and-mouse games constantly with this poor victim, hunting him over and over again within the house of the victim.

I like the story. Moreso than any of the other projects we've taken on.

I was to play the psycho, so I was happy. Psychos are fun.

I went to bed . . .

DAY 2:

6:20am -- Woke up to Stormtrooper boot clangs outside my door. I texted Greg to tell him to come at 7:00 instead of 6:30. He texted me back "I'm already here." It think that's happened twice before with him. I got ready, costume in a bag. Our new friend Shannon came over and we all car pooled down to Hopkins, MN to grab some grub at Einstein Bros. Bagels.

8:00am -- Sipping coffee and eating bagels, we read the script for the first time. Nothing needed fixing. We basically just sat and talked, joked, collecting ourselves. Then we moved on.


9:30am -- We arrived at Marta's house in Eden Prairie to dress the set and figure out the shots. Me and Mark, the other actor, got into costume.




12:00pm -- We started shooting. We first started collecting shots throughout Marta's house, and ended up in the garage dressed up like a basement. Shooting took about nine hours.




9:00pm -- We all wrapped up, cleaned up Marta's garage, and drove to St. Paul to post-HQ. For the rest of the night, John's team will be editing and doing sound . . .

Eels -- "Fresh Blood"

No comments:

Post a Comment