Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Found Soul

Went to my first baby shower today. My coworker is adopting a child from Ethiopia this summer, so some of the Miniapple staff thought it necessary to hold a small surprise party in the guise of a staff meeting.

I think that when it comes time for me to be a daddy I'll feel the way I do now. I don't think it will change me too, too much, having spent ten years around small children day in day out.

Yeah, I know, just wait. It'll be a complete mind fuck when the time comes. But the thing is, I want it to be a mind fuck. A new part of my life. My own kin, my true work of art.

(P.S.: Searching for something related to "storks and babies", hoping I could snag a full copy of the new Pixar short, "Partly Cloudy", I came across a Monster.com ad that almost brought me to tears.)


Stone Temple Pilots -- "A Song for Sleeping"

No comments:

Post a Comment