Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Roast Queef

Here's a question:

How come we can't show our private parts to others?

Is your answer "Well, because"? Figured as much.

A child in the class was hiking up her skirt, showing off her stuff. My coworker scolded: "We keep those parts for ourselves."

Why? I'm not debating, I'm just asking. I asked her. She didn't want to hear it.

While researching for the burlesque show I did a couple years ago, I came across Michel Foucalt's "History of Sexuality". In it, he discusses why homosexuality is deemed unholy (it's not for the sanctity of marriage, it's more along the lines of sexism -- males were seen as inferior if they were "on the bottom", etc.). It probably stems from this area of history. Showing weakness.

Well, answer me that question, given that history might have taught us that it would show weakness. Now, in the postmodern age, we know better. It shows empowerment, more likely, now.

Why can't we show our stuff if it might empower us? What the hell is wrong with us?

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with ME for dwelling on this?

The Dead Weather -- "Hang You From the Heavens"

No comments:

Post a Comment