Friday, March 27, 2009

Once in a Blue Moon . . .

. . . I see her, it seems.

I looked up, saw the color of the moon, and was sure.

So I called.

It's one of those milestone moments where you're just there, or at least you should be. I tried to think about the future, she thought about it too but didn't want to. I tried to think about my past, I don't think she cared for it.

She asked me once "How are you supposed to live in the moment?"

I didn't know until now.

I needed to see her. That moment. Just to talk to her. I had the itch.

So I gave into the moment.

I started talking about her future.

She didn't want to.

She wanted to talk about nothing in particular. Tell jokes, enjoy each other's company. Fresh air. That moment.

So, I stopped wondering about what to do with the situation of "us". I just lived it.

Just smiled.

After next weekend, I doubt I'll really see her much. The times will be far and few . . . but they'll exist. I'll smile, enjoy those moments, look forward to the next far off moment without too much coherent thought. Just a feeling.

Like today's blue moon feeling.

Aron Wright -- "To the Country"

No comments:

Post a Comment