Saturday, March 14, 2009

Krohn's Disease

With the first swig of morning coffee comes a plethora of thought processes . . . all adding up to zilch in terms of subject matter and coherent bondage.

The thaw is starting. Our backyard has a large river flowing from the back door to our parked cars due to the raised temperatures. I'm actually looking forward to going out to the bank today to deposit my most recent paycheck.

On my Yahoo homepage, I saw a link to a 14 year old conservative commentator named Jonathan Krohn, who wrote a book called "Define Conservatism". Nevermind the fact that he has a different political affiliation than myself, but this adds to my discomfort. The kid's 14 fucking years old and already he's as annoying as a 50 year old politician!!! Add in the novelty of it all, add in the ignorance he has for being only 14, add to it the fact that his voice is now in the middle of a vast political movement that recently had America take a combined shit all over it -- this guy really irritates me. He is the poster child for the failed Conservative movement. It is all personified in him.



Another week of "In Hope" work. It will be constant work work work, no break, in order to meet my deadline of Tax Day for the raw demos. I hope it's fun. I'm delving into the louder aspects of the song, full of guttural screams and chaos. That's always hard to do in my little studio. In preparation, I've been singing to my random favorite tunes from favorite artists, screaming my little head off. Warming up. Expanding the throat. Otherwise I'll blow it on the first take and won't be able to work on vocals for a day at a time. The next day I'll blow it again, same story. Snowball effect of failage.

Half the house is empty due to Spring Break. Last year everyone went to Florida, taking my camera with them. They returned with awesome footage that made me jealous to no end. This year they went to the east coast, Rhode Island, and New York City, also with my camera. Next week will bring jealousy once again, I surmise, when they return.

The riverboat trip is a go, most likely. I think we've figured out monetary situations. Late May, early June.

Not much else to report. March has shown signs of promise, coinciding with the thaw, for the upcoming events of 2009. Things are starting to ramp up in intensity and work. Changes are afoot.

A full day of recording today . . . time to get creative.

Alberta Cross -- "The Thief and the Heartbreaker"

No comments:

Post a Comment