Monday, July 20, 2009

Third Quarter Happenings

Immediately upon getting out of bed this morning, I looked at my calendar. I tried putting my music endeavors in the realms of the months. There are some very pressing elements for the rest of the summer/early fall.

1) Lizard People will be playing a small number of shows. In between, I will be playing producer for the demos we've recently started on. My window to the world will again be this for a good month and a half:
I have a feeling it will fare harder than the "Schematics" sessions in spots. The raw files are all over the place, reminiscent of the Citizens Banned EP recordings. I have to start the first song tonight.

2) Patch has been on a lull for the past month. This is due to slowly getting Greg acclamated, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like it was a little bit of a waste of time. I've recently wanted to make the first round of Patch Live be a three piece jaunt, first starting out with the basics of vocals, guitar, bass, drums. Greg and I have working a little on the electronics for other songs, and it was good to have us both working with "the future" elements of Patch, but we spent a little too much time on it. And now here I am wanting to strip down to a simple setup. In the end, I'm not complaining. I think the right time to start up Patch is in the fall, coinciding with Schuyler's return to the mixing/mastering reigns. I'd like to have the first show coincide with my birthday . . .

Lots to do. I'm clocking back in.

White Zombie -- "Super-charger Heaven"

No comments:

Post a Comment