Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Subtle Ventricle Beats

An age old wish from the hopeless romantic library:

We want returned interest. Interest where we can feel the rewards of our efforts. I am not a selfish man. I am pretty adament in my persual of love. But it comes and goes, the returned glances. Granted, I find myself in precarious, somewhat novel situations regarding my love life, but I'm tired of trying.

I feel like I put a lot of effort into making people feel comfortable. Making people interested. Making people feel liked. I put too much effort into this endeavor, I think. But I feel that if I did any less, I'd be dropped.

I'm tired of my love life, because I know I'll never do any less for anyone. It takes a lot of stamina. It also makes me emotional.

I just want some ounce of equilibrium by the receiving end, is all. To find that one who can prove to me that they're just as crazy about me as I am of them. I don't have to infer it. It's there, on the skin, plain as day.

But I guess love hides. Just like Karmath, it always hides until it bites you.

Or I don't get it at all.

I hate this game.

Iggy Pop and the Stooges -- "Nightclubbing"

No comments:

Post a Comment