Monday, July 6, 2009

Chicken and Morals

Upon embarking on your journey, you will be asked a series of questions. A normal lunch deemed originally for pleasant conversation and catchup with one's parents will turn into a polite interrogation of your morals regarding your dreams. 24 years leading into 25 is a good time to asess the damage done and the damage you will throw upon the masses.

Some of these questions will include such inquiry as: "Why would you want to contribute so many uncomfortable feelings into a world already wrought with uncomfort?"

"I don't see why 'I'll fucking bleed you' would make people empathize with your message. Why should I care? It's vulgar and that's all it is to me."

"It seems like it's more self-indulgence than trying to help people figure things out. What are you doing this for?"

"At the gates of Heaven, when asked 'What was your purpose in life?' what would you say?"

Etc., etc., etc.

Needless I say, I wasn't prepared for the interrogation of valid questions, but I held my own. I think I passed the test just barely. I think I just nudged a solid C grade because I have a feeling my dad isn't so much a fan of Patch as I thought he would be. I wasn't expecting him to cry "GENIUS!", but I didn't expect such a negative response. It's good, though. It's a good reality check. A good filter for the future.

It was a test before giving the recordings off to the masses this week. The Blogosphere will be receiving little e-mails this weekend . . .

The Asteroids Galaxy Tour -- "The Sun Ain't Shining No More"

No comments:

Post a Comment