Thursday, July 23, 2009

One Down . . .

First goodbye:
NAME: LOUIS MCCOY
ASPIRATION: Techie in the governmental campaign world. Moving to Washington DC in order to team with superior "JD" and to be fully immersed in the politics of the US. Blending his two favorite topics: computers and politics. He is a textbook example of "Chasing the Dream" and making it a reality. A true inspiration for me.
BEST MEMORY: Not so much one particular time, but a particular series of events with one motif. 1) Citizens Banned -- Louie was the most gung-ho about going crazy onstage. I felt the music through him, which prompted me to feel the music even more. He made playing live that much more worth it. 2) His klutziness -- this guy falls down more times, in more ways, than anybody I know. He tries to pass it off as purposeful misstepping, but this attempt at brushing off clumsiness only makes the falling that much more funny. One particular time he mas mimicking the movements of a schticky singer of the Le Cirque Rouge Burlesque Troupe, walking in such a way as to almost mimic a drunk Frankenstein monster. He proceeded to do this imitation on slippery ice, and ended up falling in such a cartoonish way, blending his shock with his ongoing imitation, that I think I pee'd my pants a little from laughing so hard. His true colors were shown during these times -- a heart of gold, and a soul full of laughter.

I'll miss you, my friend.

Faith No More -- "Midlife Crisis"

No comments:

Post a Comment