Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Green World

Having lived life through eating, sleeping, recording for a year and some change, I'm left perplexed today. I don't know what to do myself. Plan the gameplan of Patch for the next couple of months? Take a break?

It feels great. Mainly because I know that even if I'm taking a break, Patch isn't. The symbollic nature of ending recording means that it's not entirely in my hands anymore. Schuyler is working on the mixing probably as I type either in his apartment or at a studio at the University. Last night I visited him in the U's electronic music studio. He had been working on "Typosgraphy", especially regarding the first 1:30 and the drums in the main section. The raw file was huge to begin with, but he made it twice as big. I'm excited for the results. I trust he can make this almost sound apocalyptically epic.

Alright, I think I'm going to figure out a gameplan for the next few months. Taking a break feels too foreign.

The Postal Service -- "Brand New Colony"

No comments:

Post a Comment