Saturday, November 28, 2009

Food for Driving

I left Milwaukee a day earlier than expected. This meant that it was time to pay my dad a visit on my way home, driving through the outer suburbs of Milwaukee.

The last time I visited my dad and stepmom, they had grilled me on Patch, and said that they were uncomfortable with me saying and doing the things that I had been saying and doing with "Schematics". I left feeling really disgruntled. I had called my grandma and she sympathized with me. "I don't get your art either, but I accept it. I know you're not a dark person."

So, my dad is going to be receiving all of my Patch projects for free, but he'll never appreciate it the way that I'd want him to. My mom loves what I'm doing.

This visit, however, I was on my A-Game. Maybe it's because I've truly felt like I've changed since Halloween (drugs CAN be used for good), and because I've been managing, doing Patch nonstop since the beginning of November. I really haven't had a moment's rest, save for this trip. But not really. The trip was constantly full of activity.

We talked Patch Live instead of Patch music. They didn't grill me at all, just agreed with me and gave me advice on what to do with the current Live situation. There are a lot of questions circulating about the status of the current band members. One wants out if one stays in, basically.

I realized that my parents may not necessarily agree with the message of a demon fly within my brain screaming "I'll fucking bleed you" over and over, but at least they'll give me advice on hard decisions.

I left feeling good and able to conquer the hardships of starting this little band from the ground up. We're still in limbo . . .

Zaza -- "Sooner or Later"

No comments:

Post a Comment