Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Final Piece

Scotty had his first sitdown with the band. It was amazing.

My lacking knowledge in music theory was supplemented and helped by Scotty's vast, almost Wikipedia-like knowledge on rhythm. If someone was having a problem with "Typosgraphy"'s bass or guitar riffs, Scotty would step in and ask, "Can I help?" He would then walk them through my own song, naming things that I never even knew were in my own piece of art. "Yeah, that's in 9/8, you just have to break it down like this and follow Pete's vocals. That's what I do. I'll show you."

He also asked questions regarding all of the little things one of us did wrong in the song. Little intricate parts that I picked up on but didn't necessarily address since I'd rather school the players one on one later, and since it was mainly a focus on the drums at the practice tonight. Scotty made it okay to fix one person's goof with everybody else present.

So . . . both Tim and Scotty are hard contenders . . . but in a conversation with Tim tonight on Facebook, Tim expressed some honest feelings regarding Patch. Long story short, Tim's out by his own accord.

Let's hope Scotty bites . . .

Orba Squara -- "The Trouble with Flying"

No comments:

Post a Comment