Sunday, November 1, 2009

Egoless Clarity

To further elaborate on last night's events . . .

Standing on a lake in Madison, WI, the water became a moving mirror. Triangle shaped glass patterns fought to climb to the surface, creating a silent, chaotic war for miles around. The sun's color was just leaving the sky in the distance. On the other side of the lake, the lights twinkled and warped, the stars above blinking on and off. I found a light straight ahead of me . . . and meditated . . .

Immediately, all around the horizon, fireworks exploded, and the landscape lit up as if a vast napalm blast shook the Earth. The explosion flew across the lake. Just as it was about to hit me, the light sucked the youth of me. It took my fears, memories, happy times, sad times, and threw it into the one light across from me. A rumbling sound emitted all around, and finally, everything was inside the light pinpoint in front of me. One dot encapsulating my youth, ready to tap into now and then. I was now moving on. I was now in the next realm. 25 and ready to embark on the new me.

I turned around and saw my three other compatriots, who, no doubt, were experiencing their own ego removal. We then sighed, walked toward the Capitol and State Street, laughing all the while until we came back to the party we had ventured some 250 miles for.

It was a terrifying night, but a satisfying one. A happy one. What Halloween should be about.

Perfect.

Muddy Waters -- "Mannish Boy"

No comments:

Post a Comment