Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Wind Storm

A foreboding cloud loomed greedily up ahead. Ten miles away from my current position. I drove, watching it carefully. Suddenly, my car swerved violently in the wind, as I was on a bridge. Emitting "Whoa" such as a cowboy would with their bucking horse, I gained control of the wheel ever so slightly.

As I neared my next destination, I recognized another car, much smaller, prevailing against the hard blowing wind. My car was larger, wider, and should have been more stable. Riding behind them, I noticed they were laughing inside. There was no wind.

As we drove along, I noticed that they were going to the same place I was. I parked nearby, catching a glimpse of the knowing aura surrounding the car. I spied two people I knew getting out. They were laughing, walking cutely, braving the weather in coats and leggings. I stepped up to say hi . . .

. . . as I left the store, the clouds had blown past, leaving behind the evidence of a short, yet violent rainfall. I missed it. In a fit of giggles, persisting to cling onto my psyche from the hearty conversation I had had with my friends, I traveled to the top of a nearby hill to take in the new sunshine over the city.

I realized the wind had died down. Inside and outside.

Lou Barlow -- "Gravitate"

No comments:

Post a Comment