Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Noah's Miracle Slide

I had planned to write a blog about how I would kill Shannon's kitten in revenge for taking bites out of my left foot while sleeping four nights in a row, but then a coworker, who just resumed work after taking the summer off, made the original intent drab and arbitrary.

During the summer, my coworker worked at Noah's Ark, another one of my holy stomping grounds. He was a lifeguard turned manager, and I was completely intrigued by the inner workings of the waterpark. Near the end of the convo I asked him, "So, bein' that you were totally immersed in the inner gears, what are they planning for next year?"

He smiled. "Dude, it's . . . it's insane. A looping waterslide."

I gawked. "WHAT?!"

"Yeah, you stand in a telephone booth thing, then the floor drops out and you go through a speed slide into a loop."

I'm terrified. Because I know I'll have to ride it.

Oh my god.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- "The Sweets"

No comments:

Post a Comment