Monday, September 14, 2009

Sensing the Coming Dusk

With the coming autumn, one constantly thinks of impending change. The closing of the year, reflecting back on the year’s efforts. If goals had not been met, there will be only so much time to meet them.

The interlude I’ve touched on the last couple of weeks is ending this week. The time of waiting, sitting on my hands, biding my time, keeping busy under the shadow of The Lizard People, is closing. The time of “Either Shit or Get Off the Pot” is rearing it’s friendly, yet intimidating head.

I received a call from Schuyler last week, announcing his return from Europe and the Pacific, inquiring about “Schematics” related ponderings. I’ve spoken to Greg over a pint of beer, Adri after he returned from his Sharp Teeth tour. The pieces are in place.

Patch starts Sunday. And it won’t stop. 2009, and really this blog’s true intent, was about the startup of Patch. Karmath Studio has been established. There’s been a lot of lag. But it was always my wish to start the live band in Fall 2009 with at least three shows, have a sellable EP out, and have a working website online (“Coming Soon” doesn’t count). 2010 will up the anty a little. You have to start somewhere. Starting is a big leap. I’ve been working on getting to this point almost nonstop since November 2007. Researching, writing, recording, rehearsing, designing, etc.

It ain’t over yet if I’m to meet my 2009 quota.

Club 8 -- "The Next Step You'll Take"

No comments:

Post a Comment