Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Assholes

Assholes unite once the barometric pressure goes awry.

I would research this more, but I’m sans internet at the time of writing. Whenever the kids at the school are cranky, annoying, lethargic, we tend to blame it on the barometric pressure. Today, it wasn’t the kids. It was the coworkers. Or it was just me.

I was snippy with everyone. I felt judged, I snapped back at people, I was basically unpleasant to be around. Grumpy, to say the least. A parent asked how my day was. I’m usually honest with them, which goes against what the higher ups would like us to say, I s’pose. I said, “It was a grumpy day.”

She said, “Me too! All of my coworkers felt the same!”

I said, “Yeah, I think other coworkers here are feeling it, too! Maybe it’s the barometric pressure.”

“Maybe, I said that to someone at my work. I think it’s true.”

So, what, pray tell, is the forecast for grumpiness when it comes to barometric pressure? Would I be able to tell when a high pressure system of asshole-ness will be infiltrating my psyche when I look at the weather forecast?

Is there a field of research related to the correlation between psychology and meteorology?

The Vines -- "Outtathaway!"

No comments:

Post a Comment