Friday, April 10, 2009

Killing my Monkey

The 100th day of 2009!!!

Looking back on the year so far, it hasn't amounted to too much. I wanted every day to be huge, special. There has only been a small handfull of those sorts of days. My body is extremely lethargic and lazy. I think one of the culprits is caffeine.

So, in an effort to start on a 101st day resolution, I'm going to try to kick my caffeine addiction. Again. Start running after I finish up "Switch". I don't know if this is conducive to quitting adequately, it's just an experiment, but I'm thinking of doing a sort of weening that goes as follows:

April 11 -- Have coffee
(0 days in between)
April 12 -- Have coffee
(1 day in between)
April 14 -- Have coffee
(2 days in between)
April 17 -- Have coffee
(3 days in between)
April 21 -- Have coffee . . .

I'll probably have the worst headache throughout the week. Going to go buy some ibuprofen tomorrow. I'll report my current condition as the week wears on.

Oh yeah, it's Good Friday. I love how I saw a link on Google, a festive interjection of jubilee: "HAVE A HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!!" You click on it and the image below permeates your pixels:
Yeah, I'm not Christian, but that painting does not bring images of joy and jubilee into my brain. Apparently, Good Friday is the most somber day in Christian lore. You're supposed to extinguish candles, cover up crosses, think about mourning Jesus and his sacrifice. So . . . why was there a website shouting "HAVE A HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!!!" It should be "Shhhh, have a somber Holy Friday, shh shh, don't say anything back. Think about Jesus."

Some people on Twitter were writing "I CAN EAT MEAT NOW, BITCHES!!" Uh, no, you're not supposed to. It's Friday. Plus, you're supposed to be fasting and doing charitable deeds, that's gorging in gluttony and greed, you pig.

Totally confusing us non-Christians. No wonder nothing makes any sense.

Sleepy Sun -- "Lord"

No comments:

Post a Comment