Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Inbox Beware

Today at work the new director's 8 year old daughter came up and said "Peter! Guess what book I have in my backpack?"

I said "What?"

"Goosebumps!"

I shit a brick. I became my ten year old self again.

"Can I read it?!" I shouted with excitement.

She said "Sure, go ahead."

The kids haven't been this excited to sit and hear a story since I used to tell Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark tales every day at their request. With Goosebumps the madness has returned. The kids actually wanted to sit through 9 chapters. That's like forty pages. It's "The Haunted Mask II", not too much of a scary subject matter. I would love to just sit and read every single Goosebumps book with them, starting from Number 1. I think I have about 40 books from when I was a little. I hope my parents haven't thrown them away.

Just to dabble into them again with attentive, freaked out kids . . . dream come true . . . let the parental complaints start falling into my inbox!!! I don't care!!







Ghost Hunter -- "In the Early Months of the Emergency"

No comments:

Post a Comment