Tuesday, December 8, 2009

St. David

My PC has been through a lot. It's akin to a soldier, a decorated one, who has been called into the line of fire time and time again. He did his service in WWII, Korea, Vietnam. He then gets called in to do Top Secret Navy Seals work, spy work, hush hush huge diplomatic ordeals. He's scarred, beaten, hard.

That's my computer. Betty, I call it. I name all of the broken machines in my life Betty . . . one could argue that I could call America Betty from now on . . . but I wouldn't hit a woman . . . what?

Anyway, it seems as if Betty needs a brain transplant. The hard drive is dying, apparently. On its last legs. This weekend I saved and transferred all of the necessary files onto my portable hard drive. Now I wait for the lord and savior David Nehring to raise my vessel from the dead . . . again.

St. David, I wait with baited breath . . . what?

Stabbing Westward -- "Ungod"

No comments:

Post a Comment