Friday, December 11, 2009

Open Relationships

The Celibate Man

He is not celibate. Only available.

The possibilities are endless. But they remain possibilities.

Lovers of the past stand tall, waiting to engage in their own futures, their own time. Standby for the standbys, yet this countdown to ignition hasn't been started.

I'm sorry to you, I am, I am. But I am celibate today. You don't have to be.

The music, the dream is my lover. And I have possibilities with flesh, but my voice, my planning, my dreams . . . I caress them.

The Celibate Man is not a man of true celibacy. His chastity belt is possibility.

He doesn't act. He merely sets up chance.

He has a contract yet he doesn't sign. "Sit on it awhile," he says.

Nobody stays celibate for long. Ether turns tangible faster than you realize.

Portishead -- "Requiem for Anna (Un Jour Comme Un Autre)"

No comments:

Post a Comment